Copyright 2016 JJMisencik - All rights reserved
His personal projects include:
• The Bridgeport Portrait Project – Currently documenting people of Bridgeport, CT in a still photo/audio/video program.
• Poli’s Palace and Majestic Theatre Memories Project – Currently working on a still photo/audio/video production photographing and
interviewing people who performed at, worked at, or just watched a movie at Poli’s Palace and Majestic Theatres in Bridgeport.
• Main Street, Bridgeport – People of different occupations
• The Ku Klux Klan – Portraits of Connecticut members
• The Merton House of Hospitality – Portraits of clients at a local “soup kitchen”
Jay operated his commercial photo studio in Bridgeport, CT for 16 years. He currently works out of his home in Monroe.
Jay has taught photography at a local university and has given private seminars to both professional photographers and photo enthusiasts.
He has led “children with cameras” walking tours in Bridgeport. Also, as a co-founder and original board member, he is once again serving on the board of The Bridgeport Community Historical Society.
Some past exhibits of Jay’s work include:
• Read’s ArtSpace, Bridgeport, CT - “Bridgeport Art Trail” – 2015
• McLevy Hall, Bridgeport, CT - “Bridgeport Art Trail” – 2014 and 2013
• Framemakers Gallery, Bridgeport, CT - “Bridgeport . . . ReVisited” – 2013
• City Lights Gallery, Bridgeport, CT - “ART/BPT/2012: All Photos”
• Easton (CT) Public Library - “Another . . . Viewpoint” – Eclectic mix of photos
from Bridgeport, Maine, Nova Scotia, California, and Ecuador – 2012
• The Fairfield (CT) Museum and History Center; Photographs of the
Palace and Majestic Theatres in Bridgeport, CT – 2011-2012
• The Thomas Merton Center, Bridgeport, CT - Calendar Signing/Exhibit – 1998
• The Barnum Museum, Bridgeport, CT - “Faces on Main Street” – 1993-1994